What is TikTok and how does it work?
TikTok is a social media platform for creating, sharing and discovering short videos. The app is used by young people as an outlet to express themselves through singing, dancing, comedy, and lip-syncing, and allows users to create videos and share them across a community.
How do you use TikTok for the first time?
- Open your TikTok app.
- Press the + button at the bottom-center of the screen.
- Press and hold the record button at the bottom-center of the screen.
- Let go when you’re finished recording the clip.
- Press the record button again to film your next clip.
- Repeat until your video is complete.
Do you swipe up or down on TikTok?
“Swipe left” to view the user’s profile. “Swipe right” to go back to the video from the user profile. “Tap comment” to open the video’s comments (and “swipe down” to close them).
What does the arrow mean in TikTok?
Like, Comment, Share. As with the other platforms, engagement on TikTok involves liking, commenting, or sharing on posts. Tap the heart on the right side of the screen to like, or the speech bubble with the three dots on it to comment. The arrow sign (that looks like the ‘forward’ button on WhatsApp) is for sharing.
How do you make TikTok with different clips?
Create video multiple videos/photos to TikTok
- Go to Create video from the menu bar.
- Tap the Create video button on the Camera Screen to browse your device’s gallery.
- Hit the Multiple option at the bottom.
- Select all your media and tap Next.
- You’ll then have the option to sync sounds across the media and adjust it.
How do you click on TikTok?
When you find a TikTok with a sound you want to use, just tap on the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen that looks like a record. On the screen that comes up, you’ll see all the videos that have used this sound. To use the sound for your own video, tap Use this sound at the bottom center of the screen.
What are the buttons on TikTok?
Luckily, TikTok makes it easy with a series of icons you’ll see to the right of each video:
- The first icon (a profile photo with a “+” underneath) will take you to a user’s profile where you can follow them.
- The second is a heart, which you can tap to like a video.
- There’s a speech bubble which you tap to leave a comment.
How do I find videos to follow on TikTok?
Go to Home from the menu bar. Tap Following at the top to see videos from accounts you follow. Or, tap For you to see trending videos and videos that TikTok recommends. The second way is from Discover. Go to Discover from the menu bar. Select a video from one of the trending hashtag carousels, or, from the top, search for videos.
What is the difference between foryou and discover on TikTok?
For You page shows you trending videos and videos that TikTok believes you’d like to watch most (presumably based on your usage data). Discover mostly shows you TikTok videos tagged with a trending hashtag. But, from this page, you can also enter search terms to find users, videos, sounds, and hashtags.
How do I send a private message on TikTok?
With TikTok, you can privately message other users in a direct message area. Go to Inbox from the menu bar. Tap the Envelope icon in the corner. Send a direct message
Is TikTok the most downloaded app on iOS?
In fact, TikTok was also the most downloaded iOS app in the first quarter of this year, per market research.