What are the general recommendations for waterproofing?
Some standards & specifications:
- Tensile Strength, Elongation and recovery after extension. (ASTM D 638)
- Crack Bridging ability (ASTM C 1305)
- Tear Strength (ASTM D 624)
- Adhesion in wet and dry conditions (ASTM D 7234, 719 and 794)
- Water Vapor Permeability (ASTM E 96)
- UV Resistance (ASTM D 4587, 5894, 6695)
How do you waterproof a structure?
- Cementitious Waterproofing. Cementitious waterproofing is the easiest method of waterproofing in construction.
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane. The liquid membrane consists of a primer coat and two topcoats.
- Bituminous Coating Waterproofing. Ad.
- Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing.
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane Waterproofing.
Where should waterproofing be installed?
Membrane: Waterproofing should be applied over all exposed substrate surfaces, particularly concrete. Membrane under pressure slabs on the ground can extend under the foundation walls and over the pile caps. Foundation waterproofing must extend above grade a minimum of 8 inches.
How much is waterproofing per square meter?
In New South Wales, a waterproofing job can go for an average cost of $35/m2. This is one of the most affordable prices for this type of service in Australia. Meanwhile, waterproofers in Victoria and Queensland charge the same average price, which is around $45/m2.
What are the advantages of using spacespace frame structures?
Space frame structures are easy to transport, handle and stack. It provides adjustable cambering facilities. Fast installation or very easy to install on-site due to prefabricated components. It does not require purlins. It is more suitable for the structures which have irregular plan shape and site.
What is a space frame roof?
Space frames have spans in opposite directions of a single spread, it provides a lightweight roof structure. In a variation of a plane frame, a space frame is a series of linked pyramid frames.
What is an example of a space frame building?
Examples of buildings based on space frames: 1 Stansted Airport in London. 2 Bank of China Tower and Louvre Pyramid. 3 Rogers Center by Roger Robbie and Michael Allen. 4 Eden Project in Cornwall, England. 5 Globen, Sweden – Dome diameter 110 m. More
What is the difference between a space frame and a space truss?
Occasionally the term space truss appears in the technical literature. According to the structural analysis approach, a space frame is analyzed by assuming rigid joints that cause internal torsions and moments in the members, whereas a space truss is assumed as hinged joints and therefore has no internal member moments.